The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain cannot access email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by S-Combs, Nov 13, 2008.

1. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

This new problem is driving me nuts and I can't find the solution.

There is one client on this server with an add-on domain that 'as of today' can no longer access their email accounts (POP, IMAP, Webmail). Their primary domain email is working fine along with every other clients' domains on this server to my knowledge.

I have confirmed this by creating a test email account on this add-on domain and then tried to access it unsuccessfully via POP or webmail.

We can create email accounts and change passwords for them on this domain but cannot login to them with any service.

I see nothing related to this account in any logs other than failed login attempts listed in LFD.

All services have been restarted

I did have a possibly related problem yesterday on this box where all sub and addon domain controls became inaccessible after a cPanel update. This was fixed by running a script recommended by cpanelkenneth in this thread http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=98381 and then updated cpanel again. After this, everyone's accounts seemed to be fine again until this client issue above.

Currently running version 11.24.0-C30944 on REDHAT Enterprise 5.2

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Run the auto fixer again. Also verify the email account still exists on the server.

3. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I tried /scripts/rebuildparkeddomains and /scripts/fixsubconf and this also fixed the same problem.

4. luvz2drv

luvz2drv Member

also

I m finding that if you remove the addon domain you have to manualy edit the httpd.conf to remove the wrapper its not deleting the all the information