The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domain Confusion...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brian47374, Apr 17, 2012.

1. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I’m trying to do an Addon Domain under mydomain1.com in cPanel. I currently have two different domains with two different IP addresses. I am calling the new domain mydomain3.com. However, it will not let me do so under mydomain1.com cPanel. I get this message below.

Yes, I own the domain name I'm trying to add! :cool:

Now, I’ve gone into WHM and tried adding a DNS zone. In doing so I’ve added 72.x.x.x. for the IP and www.mydomain3.com and pressed ADD ZONE. I went into EDIT DNS ZONE and everything appears to be fine. The NS I used was mydomain1.com. Do I need to add another NS? I only have two IP addresses and they are both assigned to different domains with their own NS so I don’t see that I can add a NS without an IP address… right?

What am I missing? Do I need to do more under WHM? If so, where and what?

How does the cPanel logon get created for the new domain? If it is not automatically, how do I create a new logon for the new domain? When I logon to cPanel, it gives me the option to go to either of my current domains.

I’m new to WHM, cPanel, and Apache. Detailed step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

2. JayFromEpic

JayFromEpic Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Step One: Create a Package by clicking on the "Add Package" link under the Packages section in WHM. Create the page with addon domains unlimited.

Step Two: Create your cPanel Account with that package. If your account is already created, click the upgrade/downgrade section under Account Functions to do this.

Step Three: Once in the individual accounts cPanel, click on Addon Domains under the Domains section.

Step Four: Update the DNS for the domains accordingly.

Also, you cannot assign separate IP addresses for addon domains. You will need to make separate cPanel accounts for each domain.

If you still need help, feel free to add me on skype and I will walk you through it: JoshuaDubinsky

3. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Joshua,

Thanks for replying. I think that I am going to need more help. When would be a good time to get a hold of you?

Thanks!

Brian

4. JayFromEpic

JayFromEpic Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can add me on skype now and I am pretty much available all day.

Just let me know!

5. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just wanted to take the time to say thanks to Joshua for helping me out. He is a very kind and intelligent person!

Brian

6. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, I did forget to ask one question... that is, when I ping the domain name and it comes back with host www.mydomain.com not found, do I need to do something? If so, where and what? ;)