Addon Domain: Could not store zonedata

jvanmeeter

Registered
May 26, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello. I've been having some issues with adding an addon domain. The domain is remote, but the proper nameserver ip addresses have been added to the remote service ip section. Every time I try to add the domain I get the error message: "Sorry, An error occurred while adding dns zone: Could not store zonedata for ...". When I go into the zone manager in whm the domain zone is there with all the data, so I'm not sure why it's throwing that error. The addon domain does not show up in my addon domains section after this either. Let me know if anyone has any ideas or a solution. Thanks.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like there may actually be two separate issues happening - one with the DNS zone, and one with the addon not showing up under the cPanel account. It would likely be best to submit a ticket to our team for this issue so we can see the problem on the server and perform our troubleshooting there.

If you are able to submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and make sure this thread stays updated.

jvanmeeter

Registered
May 26, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have placed it in the ticket as well. The message I get on restart is:

Waiting for “pdns” to start ……info [restartsrv_pdns] systemd failed to start the service “pdns” (The “/usr/bin/systemctl restart pdns.service --no-ask-password” command (process 29546) reported error number 1 when it ended.): Job for pdns.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status pdns.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
…Waiting for named,mydns,nsd,pdns_server to shutdown ... not running.
info [restartsrv_pdns] systemd failed to start the service “pdns” (The “/usr/bin/systemctl restart pdns.service --no-ask-password” command (process 29557) reported error number 1 when it ended.): Job for pdns.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status pdns.service" and "journalctl -xe"for details.

…failed.

Cpanel::Exception::Services::StartError
Service Status
undefined status from Cpanel::ServiceManager::Services::Pdns

Service Error
(XID fbrxj7) The “pdns” service failed to start.

pdns has failed. Contact your system administrator if the service does not automagically recover.