The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain document root at HOME/addondomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pthirose, May 4, 2012.

1. pthirose

pthirose Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Running: WHM 11.30.6 (build 6) REDHAT Enterprise 5.8 x86_64 vmware.

I don't think it can be done, but I wanted to verify
    Primary account meow with domain, home directory /home/meow/ with DocumentRoot at /home/meow/public_html

Click Addon Domains
    New Domain Name:
    Subdomain/FTP Username: woof
    Document Root: woof
    Password ...
    Password again ...

This creates the DocumentRoot of at /home/meow/public_html/woof/ instead of /home/meow/woof/

The "Home" icon between "Document Root:" and the text-box you type in, to me, implies the home-directory. Not home-directory/public_html. Furthermore, the default is public_html/ Erasing the "public_html/" part implies it should be homedirectory/ Doing so, clicking "Add Domain" though still ends up creating "Home Icon"/public_html/woof as DocumentRoot.

Furthermore, this directory structure allows Yes, I could put a .htaccess inside /home/meow/public_html/woof/ to RewriteCond/RewriteRule to make sure it's only accessed via and not But I'd rather not have to do that.

It's also just a personal preference for organizing stuff. The completely unrelated stuff for I just don't want "inside" the directory. It makes find ~/public_html/ or grep -r ~/public_html/ stuff very annoying to do without exclude parameters and not everything I do works well with exclude parameters. It'd just be tons easier if the addon domain documentroot wasn't inside the primary domain's documentroot.

If indeed it cannot be done, I guess I'll put in a low-priority FR for this. There's way more important FR's I'm waiting for, unless this is an easy thing to do as shortest-FR-first :)

Thank you,