The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by g4john67, Feb 22, 2006.

1. g4john67

g4john67 Registered

This problem is through a hosting service and I only have access to the cpanel. There is a main domain and two addon domains for a total of three. Main domain works (domain.com), addon domain #1 (yourdomain01.com) works and shows in the cpanel addon section. Addon domain #2 (yourdomain02.com) is a valid name but doesn't show up in the addon domain cpanel. When I try to add it I get the error below. Is there anything I can do to make it show up properly? Also, the Addon Domain list shows 1/4 but should be showing 2/3 if in fact yourdomain02.com was already configured as the error states. How can I fix this? I only have access to the cpanel.

Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on server4 using rndc zone: [domain.com] The subdomain, yourdomain02.domain.com has been added.

yourdomain02.com is already configured.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, yourdomain02.domain.com has been removed.

yourdomain02.com could not be setup. The subdomain yourdomain02.domain.com was not setup either.

2. tuxdesk

tuxdesk Well-Known Member

Please verify the following files and remove the entry of the addon domain that u are not able to add
    /var/cpanel/users
    /var/named/ delete the domain.db file
    /etc/named.conf
    /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
    /etc/localdomains
    /etc/userdomains
    /etc/valiases/
    /etc/vdomainaliases

3. g4john67

g4john67 Registered

Thank you

tuxdesk

Thank you so much for your reply.

I only have access to the cpanel. I could fix this one if it were on one of my servers.

This is a new hosting service that I'm dealing with for a cleint. They signed up with them, not a recomendation from me. I hope they have good customer service. I will soon find out. I'm sending your information to them as well.

Again thank you for your reply.