The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

addon domain goes to main domain url

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minosjl, Dec 4, 2011.

1. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

I have a addon domain under a cpanel account.Say the addon domain as addondomain.com and cpanel account as domain.com , both of them are wordpress domains.My problem is when click any link in the " addondomain.com " the web browser automatically changes in to url like maindomain.com/dir1 " this " dir1 " is the document dir of my addon domain under public_html .I dont want to change the url like this , i want the sty like addondomain.com/dir1 . is this anything do with cPanel , or its a wordpress setting issue ?

Thank you.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've moved this thread as cPanel Developers area would be for threads about development for cPanel such as API calls. This thread is a redirection issue that would not fall into that category.

As for what is happening, it sounds like a WordPress issue when you setup the wordpress installation to go to the incorrect url. How was WordPress installed onto the addon domain?

Next, it would be highly appreciated if sentences being typed were properly punctuated with 1 or 2 spaces after each period and 1 space after each comma but not before the comma, similar to how I am doing. This is a good example here in this paragraph, where the period is immediately after the end of the final word in the sentence and the next sentence in that paragraph has 1 space or 2 after it. Thanks for doing that!

3. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

Thank you for your quick response, i will keep this punctuated things in mind.

:)

4. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. morissette

morissette Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will also want to check siteurl and home in the wp_options table to ensure they are set correctly.