The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain permissions probs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exahost, Aug 9, 2004.

1. exahost

exahost Member

I have scoured the forum, and it seems that others have experienced similar problems, however no solution has been provided. This prob is driving me crazy.

We have added on an addon domain to an account, and installed phpBB in the same directory. When you call up the addon domain in a browser, all of the images are broken. The log reads a 403 error for each image that loads. I looked into the httpd.conf to make sure that the entry for the addon domain listed the account user correctly, and it does. Now, phpBB requires that all images be chmod 755, so that shouldn't affect it at all because it is essentially the same user. Where can I get a more verbose error for this? Could this have something to do with the entry in httpd.conf, or maybe the new DNS record? I have a fairly strong grasp of the server setup, I just am not sure if I am missing some info in regards to what cpanel does when you add on a domain.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

2. jeroman8

jeroman8 Well-Known Member

.htaccess image protoection ?

3. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Response

It is a .htaccess problem - an its the .htaccess file in the master account thats causing the problem for the addon domain. Seem phpBB sets up its own .htaccess???? Anyway just correct the .htaccess file