Steve Johnston

Registered
Jul 18, 2018
1
0
1
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have created an addon domain and pointed the domain to my shared cPanel hosting. The change was a success and I could see my homepage, after uploading to the subdomain directory. However, beyond the homepage I have a 'litecart' installation which uses VQMod in PHP and this is creating an error:

Fatal error: VQMod::bootup - vQmod requires the PHP DOMDocument extension in /home/.........

I could not find any relative documentation on this other than this feature should be default ON with PHP 5.6 and beyond. I am using 7.2.

Not to be outdone, I changed the actions of my addon domain to look at an identical domain, which is my default domain which is running exactly the same files/site. I did this by changing the root folder of the addon domain - still errors.

I then went deeper and in the .system-php folder, I created a folder for the addon domain and added the same files, which includes the dom.ini file and has the following:


; Enable dom extension module
extension=dom.so

Still no joy.

So, in summary. I have a main domain on cpanel and an addon domain. Both are running the exact same pages, yet one works with VQMod and one errors with it. Where am I going wrong?
 

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
47,911
2,233
363
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello Steve,

The DOM extension for PHP is installed by default:

Code:
# /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/bin/php -m|grep dom
dom
I then went deeper and in the .system-php folder, I created a folder for the addon domain and added the same files, which includes the dom.ini file and has the following:


; Enable dom extension module
extension=dom.so

Still no joy.
This is an unsupported modification. Please revert this change and make future PHP configuration changes using the MultiPHP INI Editor option in cPanel or WHM.

Not to be outdone, I changed the actions of my addon domain to look at an identical domain, which is my default domain which is running exactly the same files/site. I did this by changing the root folder of the addon domain - still errors.
Assuming you've confirmed the addon domain name resolves to the correct IP address, this seems like a bug with the script itself. Here's a StackOverflow discussion you may find helpful:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13111013/vqmod-opencart-dom-unable-to-load-error

Thank you.