The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yeohbaby, Dec 1, 2004.

1. yeohbaby

yeohbaby Member

cpanel 9.9.8

Set to unlimited addon domains.

original account domain is addondomain.com. The add on is the same name with a .net domain instead.

When I go to add a new addon domain (first time doing this), I specify the domain. For the directory, I have tried /user/addondomain.net and /user/public_html/addondomain.net and each time, I get the following error message:

The subdomain, yeohbaby.addondomain.com has been added.

You do not have access to park on top of yeohbaby

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, yeohbaby.addondomain.com has been removed.

addondomain.net could not be setup. The subdomain yeohbaby/public_html/addondomain.net.addondomain.com was not setup either.

How do I fix this? Thanks.

2. hostultra

hostultra Well-Known Member

You do not put pathnames in the directory box.

The directory box is expected to be the name of one directory such as "addondomain" not /user/addondomain.
    Cpanel does not do correct input checking on the directory box.

3. yeohbaby

yeohbaby Member

Thanks.

Now it makes a lot more sense. I was also repeating the same user name and it should actually be a different user name since it is trying to create a subdirectory in public_html with that name.

The text prompt is not very clear. The downloadable documentation only goes up to cpanel v7, so that was also of no use.

#3 yeohbaby, Dec 2, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2004