xdefiance

Registered
Nov 2, 2009
Okay. I set up my addon domain and the directory of the files.

but when I type in www.addondomain.com it redirects automatically to www.mysite.com

I want to organize my files since I intend on hosting 2 website under one cpanel account.

currently under public_html/ I have all the files for my website.

Also i have a folder

public_html/addondomain

I have uploaded the addon domain files to that folder but it still automatically redirects to my main site.

Its bugging me been at it for 30 minutes now. Help please!

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
This could be a result of a mis-configuration, incorrect doc root or some re-write rules. Try recreating the add-on. If the issue persists then contact your host.
In addition to the above measure, I would also check the file named ".htaccess" residing in the directory "public_html" -- try temporarily renaming the ".htaccess" file to ".htaccess_old" so that it not used. The ".htaccess" file may contain a redirect or mod_rewrite entries that are causing the undesired behavior. Depending upon the specific redirect configuration it may be necessary to also clear your browse cache, then close and re-open your browser after disabling the ".htaccess" file(s).

It is possible to rename the file via SSH, FTP, or cPanel File Manager. Here is an example via SSH (where username is the cPanel account username):
Code:
# mv -v /home/username/public_html/.htaccess /home/username/public_html/.htaccess_old
When ready, the following could be used to revert the file name change:
Code:
# mv -v /home/username/public_html/.htaccess_old /home/username/public_html/.htaccess
Related documentation (for cPanel File Manager):
FileManager < AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs < TWiki
LegacyFilemanager < AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs < TWiki