The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain taking too long

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arius, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Arius

Arius Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi guys,

I've a relatively new VPS but I'm using shared hosting, & cPanel, for quite a few years.

When I add an addon domain via cPanel it takes a full three minutes to complete the action. Earlier today it took so long it timed out and caused further issues that still aren't fully resolved.

What might be causing the addition of an addon domain to take so long? There is minimal load on the server, not that many domains.

I've run multiple addon domains on other servers previously and haven't experienced this issue, so I'm trying to solve it but have run out of ideas. Searching didn't yield anything useful either.

Running Litespeed (if you can direct me how to print a full server overview I'll post it up)
    cPanel Version 11.40.0 (build 19)
    Apache version 2.2.25
    PHP version 5.4.21
    MySQL version 5.1.70-cll
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating system linux CentOS

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I recommend disabling the third-party application LiteSpeed and seeing if the issue continues when it's disabled. This will help determine if the issue is isolated to LiteSpeed.

Thank you.