The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain template

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kmpanilla, Feb 11, 2004.

1. kmpanilla

kmpanilla Member

I've customized a few of the scripts in /scripts to run an external perl program that updates our DNS databases accordingly for any new/removal of zone files.

However, I am unable to find out where the 'addon domain' pulls its template from, or for that matter, where it runs its 'zone creation' file from.

I would think it would run /scripts/adddns like most of the other functions I have found, however this is not the case.

Does anybody have any experience with this? modifying the template and script that the 'addon domin' section runs on creating a new addon?

BTW: On deletion of an addon domain, /scripts/killdns is ran.

Any help would be appreciated

-c

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 38281

2. stillwaiting

stillwaiting Member

it's /scripts/wwwacct for adding new domains, adddns is specifically for the 'add new dns zone' function in whm, it isn't called when creating a new account

3. kmpanilla

kmpanilla Member

Re: Re: Addon domain template

Unfortunately, wwwacct and adddns are not called when adding a new 'addon domain' from within the customers interface. I know because I changed the default zone template of both of these scripts, but something else is being used for the 'addon domains' creation.

-c