The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domain Visibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOT, Aug 7, 2003.

1. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I tried searching and there are a LOT of posts, but I could not easily find one that seemed to address this specifically.

Addon domains are working fine, except that they are reweritten as the main domain/directory.

So, I have domain myshop.com is th main domain, but I have a second domain, herbshop.com that I want to point to the myshop.com/herb directory. But, I just want it to say herbshop.com in the address window, not myswhop.com/herb.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Jon

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Hg-Hosting

Hg-Hosting Member

Just go to edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
    You see the virtual host for that domain point to /home/user/public_html/ edit it to /home/user/public_html/herb/

Regards,
    Holger Gundlach

3. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am a little new to this whole addon domain thing, but this is how I understand it.

Basically, when you do an addon domain (not a parked domain) cPanel creates a subdomain out of it and then points it to a directory and bascially the addon domain gets rewritten. What you are talking about doing, I think, would work if the domain was added as either a) a completely seperate account, or b) as a parked domain and then just change the document root.

What I am talking about is changing the way cpanel, server-wide, handles addon domains. So that the addon domain (as contrrolled via the control panel) would not be rewritten as originaldomain.com/directory, but would rather be masked as addondomain.com.

I could just as easily accomplish this by simply creating an account for the domain and changing the document root, but I was hoping for something that worked server-wide.

Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Jon