The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domain will not remove

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by, Mar 14, 2006.

May 5, 2004
    Hi all,
    I have added an addondomain to account for and pointed to public_html/xyz. The DNS entries were created appropriately for both the addon and for the subdomain (
    However, DNS for was being hosted elsewhere so it would not originally let me add it until I added the IP for the DNS host to /etc/ips.remotedns. Once it was added, because I was not authorative for the DNS, I removed the DNS zone that was created for

Now I am trying to remove the addon domain for but I keep getting the following:

Addon Domain Removal

Syncing Ftp Databases....Done Sorry, you do not control the domain
    Sorry, the subdomain xyz cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain You must first remove the addon domain.

The error seems a bit incorrect saying I should remove the addon domain before I can remove the addon domain. I realize this is an error for when the subdomain is trying to be removed. Long story longer, how do I get control of the domain so that I can remove the addon (which will then allow me to remove the subdomain).
    I have tried readding a DNS zone for and then trying to remove the addon, however, that was unsuccessful. Any other suggestions? If possible, please include in your response as I don't get back to these forums very often. Thanks in advance.

Colin Dick
    OCIS Admin