The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

addon domains and phpsuexec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luigi, Jun 18, 2004.

1. luigi

luigi Member

Hi,

I have recently compiled phpsuexec into apache and all is working fine except one thing.

I have an addon domain set up so that www.mydomain.net opens a folder in www.mydomain.com's userarea.

e.g. mydomain.net username = usernet
    mydomain.com username = usercom

when i go to www.mydomain.net it opens files in /home/usercom/www/usernet/

This used to work fine, but now i have installed phpsuexec, scripts in www.mydomain.net won't work - i get an ISE500 error and the following is logged in the apache error_log:

[Fri Jun 18 11:20:36 2004] [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of /home/usercom/public_html/usernet/login.php failed
    [Fri Jun 18 11:20:36 2004] [error] [client 172.185.115.253] Premature end of script headers: /home/usercom/public_html/usernet/login.php

If i don't use the .net domain, and go to www.mydomain.com/usernet/login.php, the page opens with no trouble.

In the phpsuexec log when using scripts for the .com site this logged:

[2004-06-18 11:23:46]: info: (target/actual) uid: (xerohost/xerohost) gid: (xerohost/xerohost) cmd: login.php

but when opening scripts in the .net site, no such line is logged. Not even an error...

I would be extremely grateful if someone has a solution to this problem, is it a problem with the virtualhost entry in the apache conf file?

Thank you in advance,

Luigi

2. luigi

luigi Member

FYI:

Found the answer:

<virtualhost> entry for the addon domain in httpd.conf did not include
    Also noticed another couple of virtualhosts which didn't have these settings! Why would these lines not be entered?!

3. amal

amal Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If it's serverwide

If User/Group entries are missing for all the domains, just turn off the Suexec and then ON. User group entries will be created for all the domains in httpd.conf file.

Amal.