The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domains default page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krembo99, Aug 21, 2013.

1. krembo99

krembo99 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

A bit of a newbie here , so sorry if I ask the obvious.

I have managed to put a default index.php in the skeleton folder, and it works great.
    My question is how to apply this same page also as a default for addon domains ?
    is there a different skeleton folder for that ? I could not find the answer neither on google or here on the forum (but that can also be due to poor search skills )

And while already here , another addon question:

Is it possible to create an account WITHOUT a registered domain in order to have under it only addon domains ?

example :

dummy account ->
    ------------------ > www.realdomain1.com
    ------------------ > www.realdomain2.com
    ------------------ > www.realdomain3.com

#1 krembo99, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no way to do this right now, but, there is a Feature Request you might be interested in signing onto located here:
    skeleton directory for addon and sub domains - cPanel Feature Requests

You can create a dummy account, yes. Never tried adding a real domain as an addon under a dummy account, but I suppose you could. Docs for Addons:
    Addon Domains - cPanel Documentation

You might want to modify the docroot for the addon domain to be outside the public_html directory. There's an option for this in Tweak Settings.

3. krembo99

krembo99 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks. That would indeed be a great little feature ( actually I was surprised it is not already so ..)

The only thing I am afraid of is problems on the DNS / redirect / resolving issues..
    My aim is to open an account by USER ( not domain ) and have the users be able to have addon accounts under that "user-account" , but without having to have the main account necessarily be "main" . So if the "main account" (read - domain ) is deleted or abandoned - the others will not be affected ..

Ok. I am not the person to say no to good tips :)