The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domains, Email/Sendmail... A solution?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by arn, Aug 3, 2002.

1. arn

arn Member

Hey all,

I've just picked up a server with CPanel on it... and am struggling to make the configs.

I've got a lot of domain names... and would like an umbrella account that all the smaller domains are under. I don't want to have to make new accounts for each domain name I've got a small website on.

Reseller looked like the way to go, and to &Addon domains&... unfortunately, as I've read - this doesn't work. It fails and says that the domain already exists (even though it doesn't on the CPanel server).

So, that's fine and all, I can go in and edit httpd.conf and configure the correct apache directives to point it to my umbrella directory... right?

Sure - but now CPanel doesn't know about these domains... which I guess is OK... but the big thing is... what about email?

How do I configure the server to know it should be handling email from these domains? On my previous server, I had to add it in via Sendmail - but I used a Webmin interface for it...

assistance please? How are you all handling this? I can't imagine I'm the only one who wants to create multipled domains under one account.

arn