The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domains in whm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miss Jacky, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Miss Jacky

Miss Jacky Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm trying for the first time to use addon domains but can't get it to work. I get this notice (in cpanel):

'Cannot determine nameserver ip for domain.tld. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register. '

I tried parking a domain instead of creating an addon domain, same error (in cpanel).

Now I read somewhere that it is more likely to work in whm, so I went to try. Creating a Parked domain is no problem there indeed, it works. But where can I create an Addon domain in WHM? Am I missing it or can you only do this in cpanel? (where it doesn't work for me).

Thanks in advance for any response!

greetz

2. whmapi.scripts

whmapi.scripts Well-Known Member

Have you just registered this add-on domain?

If you have root whm privileges in Server Setup >> Tweak Settings there is an option right at the very top called "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that are not registered". If this option is unchecked and you have just registered this domain you will have to wait until it propagates. Either that or you will need to check this option. There is an option in WHM to park domains under DNS Functions but no option to add an Addon domain. Not yet anyway ;)

3. Miss Jacky

Aha I see the option indeed, good to know, it was indeed off. But this is a domain that's registered a long time ago so this can't be the problem here.

Aha and the addon domain feature doesn't exists in whm, guess I'l have to try to fix my problem in cpanel then..

Tnx for your help :)

4. whmapi.scripts

whmapi.scripts Well-Known Member

This maybe a problem with the way WHM performs a lookup on the domain but if you have checked "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that are not registered" it will not perform a lookup so it should now work ok :)

5. Miss Jacky

Aha thanks, you've got a point :) I'm kinda in a hurry here but I will try it later today!

thanks again