Addon Domains Point to Wrong IP

mrcbrown

Jun 5, 2003
A good client of mine recently started adding Addon Domains, however the DNS record created for these new domains was wrong. It points to another server - not the local server where he is hosted.

Is there a template I can edit? or maybe some feature I am overlooking?

For instance the DNS appears as such:

Code:
domain.com. 14400 IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
While it should come out to be:

Code:
domain.com. 14400 IN A yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
The IP is tottaly wrong for this server. Anyone have this problem before? I searched around the forums, no luck.

Any help is appriciated.

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Had the Registrar information been updated, to point to the new Nameservers?

mrcbrown

Jun 5, 2003
Originally posted by Website Rob
Had the Registrar information been updated, to point to the new Nameservers?
It has varied on all add-on domains in place. Some yes, some no - but no matter the state fo the domain's DNS server settings it always points to the wrong IP.

mrcbrown

Jun 5, 2003
Next question on this issue, is there a DNS template somewhere I can edit? I just am having more and more users with this issue.

Currently running: WHM 8.5.4 / cPanel 8.5.4-R7 on RH7.3 - if that helps any.

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
WHM > DNS Functions > Edit a DNS Zone

I would had thought, you were already familiar with that option? Should be a quick way to correct the errrors though.

mrcbrown

Jun 5, 2003
Originally posted by Website Rob
WHM > DNS Functions > Edit a DNS Zone

I would had thought, you were already familiar with that option? Should be a quick way to correct the errrors though.
I'd just as soon edit it from command line, DNS is easy to modify in the case of broken things, what I was wondering if there is a base file all dns records are created from?

Editing is at best a krutch for now, I'd like to if nothing else just hardwire in the primary IP for add-on domains to resolve to without having to go in nightly to edit any new or modified domains. I had hoped maybe there was a base file/template but if not no biggie - I'll just write a script to run from cron.daily to run a search and replace on the ip's and reload BIND.