The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domains won't add

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xsquareduk, Nov 21, 2005.

1. xsquareduk

xsquareduk Registered

Hi all!

I'm having trouble with addon domains through cPanel. I've done this before with no problems, but for some reason it's not working now. I go to 'Addon Domains' and fill in the details, and I get the following response :

Bind reloading on box4 using rndc zone: [domain.co.uk] Bind reloading on box1 using rndc zone: [domain.co.uk] Bind reloading on box3 using rndc zone: [domain.co.uk] The subdomain, newdomain.domain.co.uk has been added.

Sorry, you are not allowed to add any more than (2) addon domains! The domain below was not setup!

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, newdomain.domain.co.uk has been removed.

newdomain.com could not be setup. The subdomain newdomain.domain.co.uk was not setup either.

Obviously I've edited the text so it's not showing the actual domain names. It's saying that I can't add any more domains even though my host has just given me an extra two.

On the main screen, it says 'Addon Domains - 3/2'. Now I always assumed that that means I have three in use, and two available to use. I'm wondering if I'm wrong, and that my host should set it so it's 3/5, i.e. three in use and two available to total five...? That would seem to make sense as to why it's saying 'you can only add two' because I've already got three, and it would seem a more logical way to represent things. The only thing is, before I got the extra two added by the host, it said 3/0 so obviously that makes no sense either!

So two questions really - should it say 3/2 or should it say 3/5? And if it should say 3/5, how can my hosts resolve this? They've been looking into it for a few days now and I've not had a response, hence why I thought I'd try here - any help appreciated!

Thanks! :)

PS - here's the versions in case they help :

cPanel version - 10.8.1-RELEASE 30
    Kernel version - 2.6.14.2-ts.grl.mh.ht
    Apache version - 1.3.34 (Unix)

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    it should sAy 3/5

your out of domains