The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Computerbob, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Computerbob

Computerbob Active Member

I have a new client and have added them to our Cpanel server. All is fine. Now he want to bring over two more domain name but have them all point ot the main domain name.

I know who to do this manually by editing the httpd.conf file but how does one do this from the User Cpanel. I tried addon domain and it keep failing with the following message.

The subdomain, domain1-com.domain.com has been added.
    Nameserver ips for domain1.com are: 111.111.111.2 222.222.222.8 Sorry, that domain (domain1.com) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

The subdomain, domain1-com.domain.com has been removed.

domain1.com could not be setup. The subdomain domain1-com.domain.com was not setup either.

I own the name server and have correct entries for the domain1.com. The zone file point to the CPanel server.

Any Ideas??

Once I get this working above.

Second part of the question is about mail on the two added domains. Doing this manually with the virtusertable file (example below)

master@olddomain1.com master@newdomain.com

is not a problem but again how would one do this with users Cpanel console.

If I add it manually will I get in trouble later when cpanel does something a update or something.

This was a hard one for me to explain in writing. If I havent' been clear, I apology.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

The first part of your question -- you can "fix" this behaviour by enabling the following feature in your WHM Tweak Settings: Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers).

And the second part of your question -- once you have the domains parked or added-on, you will immediately see them in the main domain's cPanel.

Hope this helps ;)

3. Computerbob

Computerbob Active Member

Well Better late than never. What was suggested work like a charm. I was able to get the client to add on the domain and it's working just fine.

Thanks again for your help.