The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AddOnDomainsAreHell!, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Hi, I am thinking about going into the webhosting business, as I have a friend running it, but I heard about some problems with addon domains, I've had a few hosts where when running CPanel and you try to use some addon on domains you get this :

Nameserver ips for [domain] are: [IP1], [IP2] Sorry, that domain ([domain]) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

But even though the error message comes up, they are on the same nameservers as my main domain, and Cpanel even contains the same IP's as my main domain where IP1 and IP2 are. Is this a case of CPanel not recognising it's own nameservers?

My Host seem to be pretty perplexed by this, and are unable to fix it.