Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Addon for WHM : Let resellers sell reseller accounts?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by seandan, Feb 22, 2007.

1. seandan

seandan Member

2. njoyhost

njoyhost Member

My honest opinion is I did not care for that script at all...but others I have talked to liked the script....I also think that letting resellers sale reseller plans is just asking for problems

Maybe someone else can provide some more feedback on this:)

3. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

I found some major flaws with that script and ended up having them recode a large portion of it. It took them more than a month to report that they have fixed problems regarding IP delegation when the master reseller has been restricted to certain IP's. I have not tested the updates as of yet tho...

4. Yojek

Yojek Active Member

i will test it sonn and i will post here the review

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Using a script such as that is really asking for a disaster to happen for your servers.

It is difficult enough to manage 1 tier of resellers and make sure they don't allow "unwanted" sites on the servers.

Can you imagine having two tiers of resellers? What is to stop the reseller from creating a reseller account, who then allows spammers and phishers to be hosted?

In theory, the ability for resellers to create their own reseller accounts is a great idea, but in reality.. it will probably always lead to unstable servers unless you closely monitor your server. (ie: It is not cost effective.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ujr

ujr Well-Known Member

I have to agree with electric ...

If you really want to offer something like that (???), place your reseller on a VPS or better yet, force them to buy a ded server from you. Then they can be in total control and responsible for their own mess.