The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

addon in the public_html with an ftp account created as required

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackhorse, Jan 5, 2009.

1. blackhorse

blackhorse Registered

Right now, in the cpanel hostgator offers me.

Any addon domains will be default to put in the public_html folder. And at the same time, an ftp account will be created no matter if i want it or not.

I read from this forum that new version of cpanel will solve this problem. first, addon will not be default to be put in the public_html, and second, no new ftp account will be required when create an addon domain.

Am I right about these two changes? When it will happen in which version?

For now, I am still on cpanel 10 hostgator offers. My questions will be

1) Should I set up the addon domain outside public_html now even it is default to be put in the public_html on cpanel 10?

2) Could I delete the ftp account auto created for me when I add the addon domain? Just create my own ftp account to manage the addon domains?

So even on the old version of cpanel, my practice would be close to the new version of cpanel on these two issues?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You really do need to move up to the newer cPanel. 10 is no longer supported, AFAIK. You should also follow this checklist to make sure all goes as planned. http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=66166

1) Not sure you can without some work.

2) Not sure what that question even means.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can create a new FTP account from your Cpanel's FTP manager and specify the name of your addon domain in Directory field.