The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon package ? For extra bandwidth purchasing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fluffyMario, Dec 14, 2009.

1. fluffyMario

fluffyMario Registered

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through these forums for hours now and haven't been able to stumble across, or word exactly what I'm looking for correctly..

But I have some clients who wish to host 10+ domains per account, as addon domains, which is fine.

However if I go ahead down this route, I would like to offer them the ability to purchase "addon bandwidth" in case they hit their limits on bandwidth.

Now I can't see how other hosts offer this, as everyone does seem to offer the choice of being to add "10gb for $5 per month extra" for example, but cannot work out how I can link a package in my WHMCS billing, to a package in cpanel which would just individually increase the bandwidth alotment for a particular site.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at my witts end almost.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

For example, if your client need 10GB of additional bandwidth, you will have to add the 10GB bandwidth as an addon under the clients account in WHMCS. Once done and after the payment is received, you will have to manually increase the bandwidth for the client from WHM >> "Reseller Center" option.

3. fluffyMario

fluffyMario Registered

Not quite sure I follow on how exactly that would work via your method.

Reseller Centre, strictly manages resellers, not the individual site accounts that the reseller account manages that would require to have their bandwidth increased.

Unless I'm over looking something, as I wish to do as you said, ie 10gb extra bandwidth, charge the client, and then increase the bandwidth on the individual account..

The only way I can see it working now is if you edit the package associated with the client but than it upgrades *everyone*