The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon/parked domains issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annette, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

A couple of issues with this function. If anyone has seen the same and has any suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

1. Reseller plans are not showing up with the appropriate number of parked/addon domains, nor is the cpanel skin being read properly. In /var/cpanel/packages, we've confirmed that the settings are correct. However, when a reseller adds an account, the addon/parked domains are set to 0 (which should be x depending on the package) and the skin is set to default (should be bluelagoon throughout). Why is the reseller WHM create account function not properly reading these variables when the other variables - disk, POPs, transfer, and so on - are fine? This is causing resold accounts to generate an error when attempting to add another domain or park one. This is the case whether the privs has been set to allow the reseller to create accounts with addon.parked domains or whether those options have not been ticked.

2. Bypassing the above issue manually, we then tested a couple of different resold accounts on various servers. None of them can add or park a domain, as the process generates the same error that has been plaguing the park/point option within WHM for some time: namely, an error that &a DNS entry already exists for sub.domain.com (please delete it)&.

So, as it stands, this function absolutely does not work for resold accounts on any of our boxes, although it works quite well for accounts added by root.

Suggestions, ideas, and so on would be greatly appreciated.

2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Annette,

I am not having the problem that you describe. Accounts setup by resellers are showing the proper number of parked and addon domains and the cpanel themes are correct on all resold accounts.

I don't know if the dns error will occur as none of the resold accounts have attempted to add in parked or addon domains as of yet.

3. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

** BUMP **

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

4. LordJMann

LordJMann Well-Known Member

I'm also having this problem.. 0 Add-on Domains and 0 Parked domains available when it should be unlimited, we just transfered servers and it was working before, can anybody supply a fix for this?

5. NetPublicist

NetPublicist Well-Known Member

I am having this problem too, the package is set to unlimited parked domains, but the cPanel shows 0 and won't let the user park domains. I tried editing the package but it went to update all the accounts that use that package and got stuck in a virtual loop, and emailed me 100's of upgrade notices.

6. LordJMann

LordJMann Well-Known Member

I got it solved now, you have to modify the actual account and put in unlimited for addon/parked domains.

7. NetPublicist

NetPublicist Well-Known Member

I saw that I could edit each account one at a time to add unlimited, but it should have added is when is used the package, since the package is set to unlimited. I dont think having to edit 45 accounts one at a time is the solution. There has to be a fix for this problem.