Addon Scripts - Advanced Guest Book and phpBB keep reappearing

Feb 22, 2003
Hi,

I don't have either Advanced Guest Book or phpBB installed and would like to keep it that way. For some reason, after a cPanel update, Advanced Guest Book and phpBB get installed. I uninstall them and uncheck the boxes and save. Next update, they're back. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I've checked /var/cpanel/addonscripts and it's empty.

Thanks,
Terry

jackie46

BANNED
Jul 25, 2005
troubleshooter said:
Hi,

I don't have either Advanced Guest Book or phpBB installed and would like to keep it that way. For some reason, after a cPanel update, Advanced Guest Book and phpBB get installed. I uninstall them and uncheck the boxes and save. Next update, they're back. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I've checked /var/cpanel/addonscripts and it's empty.

Thanks,
Terry
I dont have them checked either and they keep coming back, but i took care of the problem and here is how you can too.

Create a file called postupcp in /scripts/

vi or pico postupcp

Add the following to postupcp

rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/phpBB -fr
rm /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/monsoon -fr
rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/AdvancedGuestBook -fr

Then save it

After upcp runs, it will remove phpBB and AdvancedGuestBook so they dont show up in the control panel. I also have the monsoon theme that i remove because even though i do not have it checked, it keeps re-appearing so remove that line if you want to keep the monsoon theme, although i cant see why anyone would. :eek:

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2003
Thanks. I'll give that a try. Guess it's a bug. I will do some more investigation and file a bug report.

Terry

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Maybe there is a way to remove phpBB and Advanced Guest book once and forever so they would not be downloaded at all?
Unforunately there isn't. This bug is present in the deprecated scripts handling mess. It's on the "to remove" list.

Despite uninstalling the /scripts/upcp process will continue to install phpBB. There si a work around I posted at http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3440