Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Addon Scripts - Advanced Guest Book and phpBB keep reappearing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by troubleshooter, Nov 2, 2005.

1. troubleshooter

Hi,

I don't have either Advanced Guest Book or phpBB installed and would like to keep it that way. For some reason, after a cPanel update, Advanced Guest Book and phpBB get installed. I uninstall them and uncheck the boxes and save. Next update, they're back. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I've checked /var/cpanel/addonscripts and it's empty.

Thanks,
    Terry

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

I dont have them checked either and they keep coming back, but i took care of the problem and here is how you can too.

Create a file called postupcp in /scripts/

vi or pico postupcp

Add the following to postupcp

rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/phpBB -fr
    rm /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/monsoon -fr
    rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/AdvancedGuestBook -fr

Then save it

After upcp runs, it will remove phpBB and AdvancedGuestBook so they dont show up in the control panel. I also have the monsoon theme that i remove because even though i do not have it checked, it keeps re-appearing so remove that line if you want to keep the monsoon theme, although i cant see why anyone would. :eek:

#2 jackie46, Nov 2, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  3. troubleshooter

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Guess it's a bug. I will do some more investigation and file a bug report.

Terry

4. Kelmas

Kelmas Well-Known Member

Maybe there is a way to remove phpBB and Advanced Guest book once and forever so they would not be downloaded at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unforunately there isn't. This bug is present in the deprecated scripts handling mess. It's on the "to remove" list.

Despite uninstalling the /scripts/upcp process will continue to install phpBB. There si a work around I posted at http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3440

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...