The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

addon scripts

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by phantom, Mar 27, 2004.

1. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I ran across a control panel that came with a ton of open source PHP scripts. Does cpanel plan on adding more free scripts in the near future?

Thanks!

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Phantom,

I believe (and may be wrong) that cPanel is concentrating more on supporting/evolving/porting their product as opposed to third party shareware.

There are lots of share/freeware scripts that can be found and installed on your own, giving you the advantage of a more customized install.

However, if you are looking for an autoinstaller, you may want to checkout Fantastico (www.cpanelthemes.com). Kozmo does a great job of responding to requests for additions of particular scripts and of ensuring that the latest versions of the scripts are available for autoinstall. I have Fantastico installed on my server and all of my users just love it.

3. phantom2

phantom2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your very helpful and kind response. I'll check out fantastico. i have a lot of my own scripts i'd like to offer to my clients.

As far as cpanel's plans, does that include more clustering features. We really like the DNS features. I'd like to be able to offer a seperate server for mail, MySQL, etc...We just purchased 2 Dell Celeron 2.0's with 512 ram and 80 gb drives just for DNS. If we could do the same for other services like mail and mysql, things would run much smoother.

Do you think that is in the works?

Out of all of the server management software out there, cpanel simply blows away the competition. If the above features are going to be added, it would put them in a league of their own.

I hope so because we are growing very fast. The dedicated DNS servers will really help with speed.

Thanks again!