The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon/Sub domain email fail after migration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nyjimbo, Aug 5, 2007.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Just completed a upgrade of a box from Freebsd 4.7 to a Freebsd 6.2 . Took a bit of doing and now almost everything seems ok, but one of my customers claims he cannot send email to his addon/subdomain. Main domains work fine . I can see the website through apache so I think the dns is ok.

If I run the "mail troubleshooter" for the failing email address for this subdomain I see:

virtual_aliases via virtual_aliases router forced address failure

I went into his cpanel account and see the accounts, domain, etc.. and all seems well. If we try to send email to the addon domain account it comes back :

<bob@whatever.com>
    (reason: 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this)

So I am not sure if I missed copying something from the old server. Could be something in Exim itself or something in dns, aliases, etc. ???

I ran eximup, courierup, upcp, etc.. several times but not sure what other steps to take at this point.

#1 nyjimbo, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Now I noticed that if I change the default address from :fail: to the main account name then run the "mail troubleshooter" I see the delivery of all emails for that domain to the default account:

[bob@whatever.com]
    virtual_aliases via /etc/valiases/whatever.com
    |
    ----------- whatname@actualserver.com
    sa_localuser to local delivery

Which is wrong, there is an actual email account for bob@whatever.com created in the mail section of that users control panel. Why is it cascading through to the default "*:" as if
    the account doesnt exist ???