Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Addon/Sub domain email fail after migration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Aug 5, 2007.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Just completed a upgrade of a box from Freebsd 4.7 to a Freebsd 6.2 . Took a bit of doing and now almost everything seems ok, but one of my customers claims he cannot send email to his addon/subdomain. Main domains work fine . I can see the website through apache so I think the dns is ok.

If I run the "mail troubleshooter" for the failing email address for this subdomain I see:

virtual_aliases via virtual_aliases router forced address failure

I went into his cpanel account and see the accounts, domain, etc.. and all seems well. If we try to send email to the addon domain account it comes back :

<bob@whatever.com>
    (reason: 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this)

So I am not sure if I missed copying something from the old server. Could be something in Exim itself or something in dns, aliases, etc. ???

I ran eximup, courierup, upcp, etc.. several times but not sure what other steps to take at this point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nyjimbo, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Now I noticed that if I change the default address from :fail: to the main account name then run the "mail troubleshooter" I see the delivery of all emails for that domain to the default account:

[bob@whatever.com]
    virtual_aliases via /etc/valiases/whatever.com
    |
    ----------- whatname@actualserver.com
    sa_localuser to local delivery

Which is wrong, there is an actual email account for bob@whatever.com created in the mail section of that users control panel. Why is it cascading through to the default "*:" as if
    the account doesnt exist ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...