The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Suggestions - I want yours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ramprage, Dec 8, 2006.

1. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some suggestions of useful cPanel/WHM addons that would make your admin lives easier. As you know I've made Nobody Check and am looking for a new project that would benefit cPanel users. While I have a few in mind, I'd like to hear from you guys what you think would be useful in WHM as a root user that would help you with things.

Thanks

Steve

2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

Something I tried to do once, but hit a brick wall of binary code in WHM was to add 100 pixel square thumbnails of the websites in list accounts screen, Shown from a recent, separate retrieval process, (not real time). Go ahead and make that tonight. I'll wait for the link to be posted :)

Not very usefull to root, but customers would like it.

3. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

You mean like a web site screenshot taken and then show in the reseller WHM account list? How would this add any benefit?

4. Finley Ave

Finley Ave Active Member

Some kind of spam box aging would be nice. Spam boxes fill up fast, but it's nice to have the spam there for a few days just in case you want to look for a missing email.

I presently run a script every day to delete spam box messages older than x days. Would be nice to have something to control it by user instead of one setting for all, like I do.

5. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

Not a lot of benefit - and I think it isn't possible because the part that renders the listing of accounts is in binary, I believe these files:

-rwx------ 1 root root 13538740 Dec 10 04:00 whostmgr*
    -rwx------ 1 root root 17478244 Dec 10 04:01 whostmgr2*
    root@ [/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin]#

Two things that may help - resellers (and root for that matter) can list their accounts and from one page see a recent screenshot thumbnail of their hosted accounts. If any look suspicious or against the terms of service, or remains just a directory listing for months, or stays up as the registrar splash page they can check further into it. A lot of people get hosting and just use the mail, never developing a site, but it could also have been a fraudulent order. Or maybe an account was defaced the previous month - the owner pays no attention to his site, and a subdirectory is being used as a phishing site. Seeing a screenshot thumbnail of the hosted accounts would be greeted with open arms by resellers IMO. Its resource intensive getting the screenshots, I've done it, and don't think its even possible if you wanted to because you need to edit the binary file "whostmgr" directly as far as I can tell, in order to integrate the thumbnail into the domain listing.