The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admin Ports For Firewall and General Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4web-space, Jun 21, 2002.

1. 4web-space

4web-space Member

Hello,
    We are new to CPanel, we currently use Plesk as one of our main control panels for our unix servers. Therefore we have a couple of simple questions just to get us started

We are getting ready to secure down the box but what admin ports to do we need to leave open for WHM/CPANEL?

Does bandmin require a port?

Secondly, by default is the mail relay closed? i.e. smtp authorisation?

Thirdly is it possible to turn off the SSH feature that is on the control panel?

Thanks

Robbie

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    [quote:fdacd91307][i:fdacd91307]Originally posted by 4web-space[/i:fdacd91307]

Hello,
    We are new to CPanel, we currently use Plesk as one of our main control panels for our unix servers. Therefore we have a couple of simple questions just to get us started

We are getting ready to secure down the box but what admin ports to do we need to leave open for WHM/CPANEL?

Does bandmin require a port?

Secondly, by default is the mail relay closed? i.e. smtp authorisation?

Thirdly is it possible to turn off the SSH feature that is on the control panel?

Thanks

Robbie

[/quote:fdacd91307]

whm/cpanel works on these ports

whm : 2086 (non secure connection), 2087 (secure connection)
    cpanel: 2082 (non secure), 2083 (secure)
    webmail: 2095 (non secure), 2096 (secure)

bandmin need no port.

Rest there are standard ports which you can see in the whm itself inside services option.

When u sign up your user, don't give him shell access, the ssh icon won't work, basically when the user tries to login, he gets shell access not allowed.
    Incase you are more paranoid about the icon, create a theme for your control panel or copy the default theme, edit the ssh icon page and remove the icon and then you don't have to worry about it.

regards,

Anand