The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced DNS Zone Editor Bug ?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mikelegg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2005
    I already have a support ticket open regarding this, but the cPanel techs have so far been unable to reproduce the problem which doesn't surprise me because I find it to be an intermittant problem myself, so I thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone else has the same issue.

If I log into cPanel and use the Advanced DNS Zone Editor to change the IP address of the "www" A record and the default "A" record without leaving the editor in between each change, the editor overwrites the "mail" A record with the text "www".

So the end result is that the "mail" record disappears and I'm left with 2 "www" records - one using the new IP entered via the manager and the other pointing to the IP that the mail should be pointing to.

The problem isn't immediately apparent though - after making both changes you have to leave the editor and then come back - only then you will see the 2 www records. (Or you can check the zone files themselves or use the WHM DNS editor to view the domain)
    #1 mikelegg, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011