The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced Guestbook Template Errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Whenever I install the Advanced Guestbook through cPanel on any account, then go to modify a template, the following errors come up. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Warning: fopen(./templates/footer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/home/login/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 180

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/login/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 181

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/login/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 187

2. cyon

cyon Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yeah, same here. A client reported this error.

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /home/bauneufi/public_html/gaeste/lib/template.class.php on line 45

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /home/bauneufi/public_html/gaeste/lib/template.class.php on line 45

any help?

3. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

I thought the advanced guestbook was insecure? I've disabled it for all my clients.

4. dougS

dougS Member

Change permissions in Template directory

Run the following command in the directory of the installed guest book (it will be under public_html).

chmod -R go+w templates

#4 dougS, Dec 19, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  5. tanfwc

tanfwc Well-Known Member

If you have version 2.3.1 and above, you are safe.