The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced notice of site move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobcdi, Nov 11, 2015.

1. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

Is it possible to configure cPanel to show a brief message once per visitor session to indicate that the domain will be moving ?

I have a moodle site (php based LMS) that is long in the tooth and I think orphaned by their administrator but I can't cut the cord without giving the general users some notice that they should start to find alternatives,

Ideally I'd like to have a simple message show up for the visitors saying this site is due to be closed down but without getting involved with the moodle system itself. I'm happy to add a file to the public_html folder but at the end of the day I need the site to be usable

Web templates was suggested perviously but they appear to be more aimed at "after the move" has taken place rather than notifying the visitors now so they can't say they didn't know when I do pull the plug

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you attempting to add a message to the website itself, or to the cPanel interface? Do you have root access to the server?

Thank you.

3. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

To the website itself to prompt the end users to start asking questions about why they are using the old site and where they should look for a new LMS to support their students. I have full access to the server including WHM and cPanel

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I do recall a few old threads around these forums where folks wanted to add banners to all free hosting accounts they offered though. Here's one of those, this one is very old:
    Need help on adding banners to customer site