The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on unknown account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipper5, Sep 29, 2005.

1. skipper5

skipper5 Member

Hey all,

I took over this site from someone and have been trying to clean it up.

There is a reseller account on this server that has 391 accounts created.
    Now the main domain that it shows for the reseller is not on this server, it is somewhere else.
    But as I went through a few on the list I noticed a couple were still on the server. I have tried contacting this reseller with the email it shows and have gotten no respose! I also tried to go to the site to see if there was some contact info on it but it is just a redirect. I also did a whois lookup on it and it gives me the same email.

I am not sure what to do. That is a lot of accounts. I would feel terrible just removing all of them! So does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Thank you

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Create a custom 'suspended' page, and have that put up informing the owners to contact you immediately? Those who care about their sites will obviously see the message in a day or two, and email you asking what they need to do in order to get their sites back online.

3. skipper5

skipper5 Member

Hmmm that's a good idea. But do you think I should do that for all of them? I would have to do it individual right? 391 accounts that are his? I don't want to take his accounts I just want him to contact me and square up. Good Idea though!

4. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Theortetically (having not done this myself, of course) you should be able to suspend the primary reseller account, and it should by way of chain reaction, suspend the underling accounts as well.
    You may have to change the reseller's 'personal settings' to reflect a different suspended page though... of this, I am not sure either.

5. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to do this? (A different suspend page?)

6. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

For a reseller account, their suspended page can be found at /home/resellerusername/public_html/suspended.page/index.html