The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please with mass mail problem.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by leftie, Jun 7, 2007.

1. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

When a mass mail is sent by my accounts it keeps crashing the cpsrvd server. The cpu and memory are high. I was advised that by adding an extra 1gb of ram would help (now 2gb), however i am still getting the same problems. The mail is set to 300 mails per hour and all bounced mails go to blackhole.
    Can anyone please advise me on how to configure this properly so that i don't get failures, i am at my wits end with it now.

2. eeadmin

eeadmin Well-Known Member

Sending Mass Emails

We have clients who do similiar things on our servers. By what method are you sending emails. Are they coming from an on server script or by a mail client at the desktop. Also how are the emails per hour being limited. 300 seems awful low. Are there any attachement or anything else being sent to make the emails large?

3. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

Hi, the mails are being sent by script. Most of the accounts use vbulletin forums like this one and there are a few phpbb forums. The mails are just text with no attachments and they are being restricted to 300 per hour per account from whm tweak settings.

4. eeadmin

eeadmin Well-Known Member

Might be forums

It might be the forums that are causing the problems. I mean we send out thousands of email s an hour sometimes and we have no problems. Forums on the other hand are notorious for having a high impact on servers. Might want to search for that.

5. vagsoftware

vagsoftware Active Member

Wassup!

Tweak exim or whatever server you are using. Disallow nobody mail. Look in logs.

Also you have crashes with core files left on hdd?

Debug them.

Respekt.