Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Advise on how to create goaccess stats

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Miguel G, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Miguel G

Miguel G Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I like the goaccess stats tool and I was wondering if there is any documentation of how the other built-in stats tools (awstats, webalizer, analog) are configured and are used so I can use those (are they considered WHM plugins?) as a baseline to create my own goaccess stats.

the tool is this one GoAccess - Visual Web Log Analyzer

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The available third-party statistics applications (e.g. Awstats, Webalizer, Analog) are integrated with the product as opposed to offered as plugins. Thus, you won't really be able to compare how they are implemented or add an additional statistics application to the current interfaces. However, I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the following feature request:

Statistics Software: GoAccess as Option

If you wanted to develop a cPanel plugin itself, we do provide documentation on that at:

Guide to cPanel Plugins - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Miguel G

Miguel G Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have already voted for that feature request.

If I want to create a WHM plugin I would need advise how the statistics are implemented with the other 3 tools, permissions, etc

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The existing statistics applications are integrated and updated as part of cpanellogd. This isn't a process or script that's offered to the public, or available for use with additional statistic applications. There's no supported method of integrating an additional statistics application the same way the existing applications are integrated.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...