Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

After a cpanel restore

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by maritimesweb, Aug 29, 2007.

1. maritimesweb

maritimesweb Registered

A few times before after I have done a full cpanel backup restore from root whm, the email accounts for the resold domains stopped working. Incoming email was going nowhere. Generally at the time I would ask my provider to take a look and usually it would be fixed up pretty quickly. I should have asked what the problem was so I would know for future reference. I was on a managed service and I guess you get a little lazy.

I`m now running a server unmanaged and I`m looking to run several full cpanel backup restores tonight. Hypothetically speaking, if I run into a problem where the restored accounts incoming email is failing, where should I check first? Assuming the actual email accounts are all in place in cpanel for each account.

If after a full cpanel restore email is not being received, what checklist should I go through?

Thanks.