Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

After a while perl gives blank pages.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thomas, Feb 23, 2003.

1. thomas

thomas Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have had this problem for a month or so now, after upgrading to PHP 4.3.0 it dissapered, but now after downgrading to 4.2.3 its back again, sometimes it works for 24+ hours, other times 5-6, when it happends I have to stop/start Apache to get cgi working again.

The error log says:
    [Sun Feb 23 08:39:10 2003] [warn] send body: filedescriptor (1024) larger than FD_SETSIZE (1024) found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE

I used the 'Raise HARD_SERVER_LIMIT' while building Apache, but that didn't help.

Anyone had and fixed this problem?

2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

I can vouch for this problem. But it went away about three weeks ago on its own. But until it stopped I had to manualy restart Apache to get scripts to output a page. BTW - running the script at the command line would produce html output.

3. jimcarter

jimcarter Well-Known Member

yes, this became an extremely annoying problem for me,
    I ended up having to write a monitoring program to test that apache was giving output and if it wasnt restart it, became quite annoying,
    the techs at the datacenter did a recompile of apache though with the higher FD_SETSIZE and all has been well since :)

4. rtgasia

rtgasia Member

Whenever we had this problem, we delete teh apache error log which have grown to over 2gb in size causing php scripts to return a BLANK PAGE.

Probably some bug with Apache not rotating its log in time when the server is serving HUGE SITES returning errors.

Anyway, we setup a cron job or delete that log everyday and the problem went away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...