The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After account creation??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sheikyerbouti, Mar 26, 2007.

1. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Registered

Greetings,

Just signed up as a Reseller and I've created my first Account successfully. I am able to login to my client's cPanel and see the directory structure of their "WWW directory" and "root directory". But i'm still a little confused about some things.

First, they are currently hosted on another computer so until their nameservers resolve to this machine how will I upload all their files/images etc to their new directory? When creating their account I did NOT check the ip address box as they aren't running any SSL and it sounded like that was the only reason to toggle that box.

So with my ftp software would I try to use the main ip address of my account to login? And do I need to create that folder for their files and images.... the one with the tilde and their username? /~username/public_html or was that created with WHM during the account creation process?

Thank you for bearing with the nooooob as I'm trying to get my feet wet. Found some great tutorials on account creation and management, but nothing on how to get a client's site up and running and folder structure!

Many thanks!
    Pedro

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Just FTP to the main IP with their username and password and you will be in their account. Then just upload to the public_html directory.

3. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Registered

Thanks! I actually stumbled upon it prior to seeing your message, but it worked great.
    Thanks for taking the time to clear it up for me!

Pedro

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Just use the server name or any domain you host as the FTP server name

No, the ~username link is a function of the mod_userdir module in apache and
    has nothing to do with your FTP program or the FTP server.

You don't actually create any "~username" folders anywhere

All files that you upload go under the /public_html folder on the user's account
    [/QUOTE]