The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Cpanel update - mail() doesn't work

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by joshuaeric, Jun 28, 2006.

1. joshuaeric

joshuaeric Registered

Greetings,

I have done all the searching I can, and fixed alot of issues doing so.

But I cannot find the solution to this problem.

Originally, I couldn't even get webmail programs to come up. Horde, Squirrelmail, etc. They gave errors, which I found out were common to people on these forums. I fixed those issues.

Now if I send an email from any webmail account, to any recipient, they do not receive the email.

I did a "tail" on apache, exim, maillog, error_log, and any other related log. I also monitored the mail queue, and none of the email show up.

And ontop of that, a simple mail() script on a domain I setup does not send the email either. This does not show anything in the logs either.

So without an error, without any feedback, I am having trouble figuring this out. My php.ini is configured properly to the sendmail location. Maybe I need to check the sendmail file for a problem?

I can send email from command prompt logged in with su.

All of this happened after I updated cpanel, updated exim, and updated apache.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. joshuaeric

joshuaeric Registered

Update.

The php functions and webmail will send to addresses outside of the anything hosted on the server.

So if I try to send an email to someone on the server, it doesn't go through.

If I send to a yahoo address, it goes through.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Check if /etc/eximmailtrap exists. If it does, delete it and then edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and set eximmailtrap=0

4. joshuaeric

joshuaeric Registered

Did that, no luck.

Now, webmail and mail() will not send at all.

It would appear my update above was incorrect. It still has never worked after doing all of the updates listed above.

Now, when I login to webmail, horde and squirrelmail, it takes FOREVER to load. I can bringup the choices of webmail quickly, but when I click on one or the other, it takes 2-3 minutes to load the home page of the webmail account.

Something is going crazy here.

If the mail() function in php is not working, then there is something majorly wrong.

5. dimitris

dimitris Member