The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After doing upcp, got an internal server error when access /cpanel or /wh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slackers, Aug 6, 2012.

1. slackers

slackers Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've seen that cpanel system on my server has updating using command with cron from above:

12 3 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp --cron

And when updated was finished, i've got an error with message "Internal server eror" when we trying to access our cpanel or whm with address http://ip-address/cpanel or http://ip-address/whm.

And then we check our log server and found a message like this:

"[Fri Aug 03 07:35:56 2012] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Hostname.pm line 35."

So we workaround and updated the file /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Hostname.pm on line 35, and added this line "local $ENV{PATH};". After that the problem was resolved and cpanel also whm can be access again.

Can you explain me why those eror always show up after cpanel doing their update ? I need your solutions for this, because until now we still using the same method to solved this problem.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: After doing upcp, got an internal server error when access /cpanel or /

Hello :)

The following error message is related to an existing bug report:

Code:
    [error] [client x.x.x.x] Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Hostname.pm line 35.
    For reference, the internal case number is 59996. A resolution for this issue has been pushed to cPanel 11.32.4, which is not yet available to all build tiers. Once this version is available to your build tier, you can update cPanel to ensure the resolution is implemented. You can monitor which version is available your for build tier at:

cPanel - Layer 2

Thank you.