The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After FastCGI install via EasyApache, all PHP files return 500 internal server error

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by sdanf, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sdanf

sdanf Member

I have a cPanel VPS server running CentOS 5 with WHM.

This was a brand new installation with no custom changes made. I noticed that fcgi was not available for use with PHP so I recompiled Apache and PHP using EasyApache, and chose to enable fastcgi. After the process was done, everything seemed to look ok. fcgi is now available when configuring PHP in WHM.

When I choose fcgi as the handler for PHP, all PHP scripts return a 500 internal server error. If I switch back to cgi, suphp, or dso, then everything works.

Why does fastcgi not work?

I checked the log files and can't find any entries at all related to this. There is nothing related in /var/logs and nothing in error_log for the specific domain.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: After FastCGI install via EasyApache, all PHP files return 500 internal server er

The error logs for Apache are in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log location. Have you checked these when loading the pages in a browser?

3. sdanf

sdanf Member

Re: After FastCGI install via EasyApache, all PHP files return 500 internal server er

thanks. In there was:

Premature end of script headers: license.php

All that I had in license.php was phpinfo(); to test it. I found that when accessing the site via IP address and home dir such as /http://108.11.11.11/~myhomedir then it fails but when accessing via the domain name it worked after I played around with permissions.

I stil see this in the logs:

[2011-06-07 21:29:49]: uid: (500/eadip) gid: (500/eadip) cmd: php5
    [2011-06-07 21:29:49]: command not in docroot (/usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5)