The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After install.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cemtey, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Cemtey

Cemtey Well-Known Member

Firstly I'd say sorry to David since I've just sent him two emails regarding to silly questions for what I've just got answers. - So incase he reads this he doesn't need to respond to them.

Anyways I've got question:

When after install there is WHM wizard it tells me this,

"This wizard will guide you through setting up your resolver configuration (/etc/resolv.conf).
    You currently have one or more of cPanel.net's dns resolvers in your /etc/resolv.conf. You will need to set these to your datacenter's local resolvers as these servers are only intended for use during a cPanel install. If you continue to use them connections to your server be exceedingly slow because of the time it takes to complete a dns lookup."

"Proceed"

Now when I clicked on Proceed button did it do it automatically or do I have to do it manually what it requests for server to be faster.
    If I'd need to do it manually myself then how?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

You may need to contact your DC and ask them for the correct addresses. This may be in your welcome package they provided or in your billing portal.

3. Cemtey

Cemtey Well-Known Member

Right.. I didn't even understand what DC stands for.
    Explain?

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

Your DC is your Data Center, where you got your server from :)