After last update: 451 Temporary local problem - please try later

mertjbm

Feb 19, 2021
turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
WHM 94.0.8 is out now, which fixes two exim issues -- and probably fixes this. I'm updating to 94.0.8 and will reply back if this fixes it (without having to disable Greylisting).

Mike
Yes, now I saw the version 94.0.8. Can you give information about whether the problem is fixed or not after the update?

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Since I cant update to 94.0.8 right now (still stuck on the update), I disabled greylisting. I can confirm that I am no longer seeing those messages once I disabled greylisting. (although I can't confirm yet that those previously rejected messages are being delivered -- too many irons in the fire right now).

Mike

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, now I saw the version 94.0.8. Can you give information about whether the problem is fixed or not after the update?
I will post once I confirm whether WHM 94.0.8 fixes things. But, as of right now I can't update (looks like the repos are overloaded). So I have temporarily disabled greylisting on all my boxes.

Once the machines update, I'll enable greylisting again and check for delivery issues / errors.

Mike

Reactions: mertjbm

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey everyone - I merged several posts into this thread to avoid the confusion of having multiple different threads on this issue. By now it seems that everyone has figured out you either need to perform the update or disabled greylisting. Let me know if you're still seeing issues after you've performed one of those two fixes.

Reactions: Anderson Silvestre

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey everyone - I merged several posts into this thread to avoid the confusion of having multiple different threads on this issue. By now it seems that everyone has figured out you either need to perform the update or disabled greylisting. Let me know if you're still seeing issues after you've performed one of those two fixes.
Rex,

I'm not seeing issues after disabling greylisting. I have to leave for an appointment. When I get back I'll make sure the machines have updated and then verify everything is working post-update with greylisting turned back on.

Thanks

Mike

Reactions: cPRex

GQsm

Sep 30, 2010
Update to 94.0.8 has fixed it for me...

Very unhappy though, clients are furious as some emails have been getting through, no one suspected an issue and a number of time critical emails not getting through have caused a real loss of business at least for one client.

I have never dug into the workings of cpanel updates. I go with Stable and assume major bugs aren't going to get introduced, why was I wrong in that assumption?

How do I stop these kinds of updates installing without my confirmation?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@GQsm - I'm glad to hear the update resolved the issue. Details on the update settings can be found here:

It is worth noting that since this was such a critical issue it was resolved in just about 7 hours. It's still unfortunate that it happened, but disabling updates on your server in general is only going to expose you to security issues in the long-term.

Dec 15, 2019
Italy
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi,

we have faced the same issue. We also disabled the greylisting briefly to fix the issue and let customers get their emails.

But this leaded to another issue: after disabling greylisting and restarted exim, no mail could be sent outside the server via our smarthost, the error is about invalid/missing authentication.

After spending one hour trying to fix the trouble we have tried to disable the Smarthost from Exim in our cPanel server. This have fixed the sending issue but of course is sub-optimal. Is this connected to the same issue of this thread?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2019
Italy
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
At this point you should be able to enable greylisting normally after the Exim update.
Hi,

we have runned the upgrade:

# /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -V
94.0 (build 8)

And re-enabled greylisting (leaving smarthost disabled) and we get the same trouble sending emails.

We are using a script in python to test this, it's a script that we use everyday to send us thing by email from cPanel servers.

With Greylisting enabled
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sendemail", line 48, in <module>
server.login(username, passwd)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 621, in login
raise SMTPAuthenticationError(code, resp)
smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, 'Incorrect authentication data')

With Greylisting disabled the same script is able to send email connecting to an external SMTP as usual

We have turned off Greylisting again and leaved Smarthost disabled, but I think that there's something that need a fix.

We need to open a ticket?

Thanks

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPRex all looks good here on all my machines after updating to 94.0.8 and re-enabling greylisting.

Thanks to all you cPanel folks for fixing so quickly, and for getting a fix out for exim quickly to begin with.

Mike

Reactions: cPRex

silbaumler

Registered
May 5, 2021
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
[QUOTE = "silbaumler, publicación: 2849501, miembro: 1062977"]
Tengo el mismo problema. Actualicé la versión 94.0.8 y el error persiste
[/CITA]
Disable and enable greylist was necessary to work properly