Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Moving Host Script Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AHMN48, Oct 31, 2017.

1. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Everyone , thanks for helping me
    i have problem with my website , recently i moved my site from old host (Cpanel) MySQL 5.6 and PHP5.3 to New Cpanel (Updated to latest version) with MariaDB 10.3 and PHP5.6 , so i face with one problem , (both host active now)
    1. to old host when type URL P.example.com/system automatic redirect to P.example.com/system/login.php, but in new host with URL P2.example.com , can't do that , when type P2.example.com/system open blank page with nothing , i must type directly P2.example.com/system/login.php, also when login instead redirect to P2.example.com/index.php redirect to P2.example.com/system/ and when type manually P2.example.com/system/index.php script not work and show blank page , i can't find solution why this happened , please anyone help me what't the problem
    2. in old host when open P.example.com all functions work and show website name and can login via user , but in P2.example.com don't show website name , all functions not work and can't login with valid username and password
    3. for more information you can see info.php for both website OLD(This script work properly right now): P.example.com/info.php and New (This script not work): P2.example.com/info.php, Please anyone if can help me , i want delete old host but i can't use in new host , i wish someone help me , thanks

#1 AHMN48, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

As far as the redirection, check to verify if the .htaccess file on the new server includes the same rewrite rules. Regarding the PHP functions, could you let us know a specific error message you see? Have you checked with the developer of the PHP script to ensure it's compatible with newer versions of PHP?

Thank you.

3. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    i don't check .htaccess on old host , but i checked this script on new host with PHP5.3 but not working , so i decided test with PHP5.6 and either not work too , Old host based on PHP5.3 , can you help me please , maybe security reason don't allow work on my host , i don't know , please help me

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend checking with your web hosting provider if you do not have root access to the new server to see if they can take a closer look.

Thank you.

5. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    This is my own host , based on VPS , right now with EA4 and PHP5.4 tested and not working , i don't know why , when i set PHP5.4 open blank page and when set back to PHP5.6 Open Script but can't login , :((

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you checked with the developer of the PHP script you are using for help troubleshooting the issue? They might be able to verify if there's a specific setting you need to enable, or if the script is supported in newer PHP versions.

Thank you.

7. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    he not answer at all , and i need this script badly , before just tell me i don't know work with which PHP version , so i read everywhere , post everywhere ask help everywhere , because i'm confused , developer of this script just tell the problem on your host not me and never answer me anymore , i test this script with hostgator.com , justhost.com , own host and over 10 other hosting , every host same problem , please help me , i just can't solve this puzzle , with comparison of infor.php for old host and new host can find something?
    i read every line but can't figure out , please please help me

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  9. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    a ticket already open with cPanel tickets ID# 8988745 , but agents can't help me , because this is not related to cpanel , please you help me , please Michael

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Per the support ticket, it's likely the issue relates to the previous host's use of PHP 5.3. Since PHP 5.3 is not supported in modern cPanel version with EasyApache 4, you'd need to consider using a third-party application such as CloudLinux that offers support for legacy PHP versions:

CloudLinux - Main | New template

Otherwise, you'd have to check with the developer or support team of the PHP script you are using to see if there's anything that can be modified to support newer versions of PHP.

Thank you.

11. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you , but i checked with cloudlinux and PHP5.3 not working at all , if i install new host on my server with cloudlinux can you set for me?

maybe cause problem because in new server i installed Centos 7 and old server is Centos 6?

#11 AHMN48, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  12. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not sure I understand. To clarify, you installed CloudLinux on your new VPS, enabled PHP 5.3 for the account, and the issue persisted?

Thank you.

13. AHMN48

AHMN48 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    before one week ago i tested with one server already have cloudlinux and php5.3 , tested not work , those server totally delete , i want now install new server and install cloudlinux , if it's work so good , after install new server and face with problem can you help me?

14. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

CloudLinux offers installation instructions at:

CloudLinux - Main | New template

Should the issue with your PHP script persist on PHP 5.3, then the best approach is to contact the PHP developer. Otherwise, you'd need to consult with a system administrator for assistance. You can find a list of system admin services at:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.