After removing Email Account the Email Alias is still taken

Redwards5

Registered
Jul 15, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I use my own domain in cPanel and use cPanel DNS for that domain.

I had 2 Email Accounts setup in cPanel which I wanted to start using with a different email provider so I deleted the 2 Email Accounts in cPanel and changed the DNS MX and TXT records to point to the new email provider which allows custom domains.

After adding the domain with the new email provider I can add 1 of the email addresses which used to be a cPanel Email Account but when I try to add the other email address I get the error "The alias you entered is already taken".

Do I need to remove that email address from somewhere else in cPanel other than just deleting the Email Account before I can use the email address with the new email provider?

Thank you,
Ryan

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

There is nothing that occurs that correlates an email address on a new provider to a cPanel account. Meaning, there are no connections. If you can't add the email address on the new provider you need to address the issue with them, it'd be unrelated to the fact the email account once existed on another server.

Redwards5

Registered
Jul 15, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

There is nothing that occurs that correlates an email address on a new provider to a cPanel account. Meaning, there are no connections. If you can't add the email address on the new provider you need to address the issue with them, it'd be unrelated to the fact the email account once existed on another server.
Hello,

OK, thank you for your reply. I'll investigate further with the new mail provider.

Thanks,
Ryan

Reactions: cPanelLauren