The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After server move scripts and cron not working :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rikki, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Rikki

Rikki Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Hey everyone,

Ive got a problem I was wondering if anyone could help with.

My hosting company moved my site from one box to another. Theyve done this before and its always been fine but this time there are some issues and I was wondering how I can fix them.

The first one is when I access my cron jobs I get an error:

"Cron Jobs

/usr/bin/crontab permissions are wrong (0755). Please set to 4755.
    Please choose your experience level:"

Trying to set any options results in them not setting.

The other problem is that a script I wrote previously that takes a ZIP file upload, creates a new folder on the server, unpacks the JPG files from the ZIP file then makes thumbnails - no longer works.

I've traced it down to the server is creating the new folder and files with the owner being 99 so I cant even use cPanel filemanager or FTP to go in and delete or add files to these folders.

Ive asked the hosting company to help out but so far they have not come back to me so I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction as to whats maybe gone wrong with the server swap and how to fix it.

Many thanks guys,

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Your host needs to fix this, that is an issue with the permissions of the crontab binary itself, not something an end user can fix
  3. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Make sure the new server have imagemagick installed on the new server and GD is compiled into the php.