Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

After server transfer, incremental backups don't have hard links to full backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Eric Stone, May 1, 2019.

1. Eric Stone

Eric Stone Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I transferred sites off a CentOS 6 server to a CentOS 7 server.

Both servers are using incremental backups. Both of them support hard links in the backup storage.

On the old server, if I go to a backup directory for a site and look in the public_html folder, all the files show up.

If I do the same thing on the new server, only changed files show up. It looks as though the backup process on the new server never created a full backup of the site to base the incremental backups on.

How can I force the incremental backup process to make sure there's a full backup to work off?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Eric Stone

None of the backup data gets moved so you'll need to start a new automated backup on the new server. If you have it configured and you want to run the backup manually so you have a good backup to work off of you can run the following to start the process:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup --force

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Eric Stone likes this.