After updating to 58 and EA4 I cannot enable phpinfo

Mar 7, 2016
Bristol
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I upgraded to cpanel 58 and migrated to EA4 yesterday. Today I was editing my MultiPHP ini files to add phpinfo to be allowed to php7. However no matter what I change in the multiphp files it still remained disabled after Apache restarting

Thanks

Mar 7, 2016
Bristol
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No, Centos7.

Also, when I updated everything, php lost my PEAR location, I had to manually add the path back in, it was left as the default of '/path/to/pear'.

Also it did not copy any of my original PHP settings at all, I have basically had to manually copy all my PHP settings back into each php version's file, which turns out are not being read anyway.

Mar 7, 2016
Bristol
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not really, thats for per-user ini settings, I am talking about the global php7/php56/php55 configs that exist in WHM. For example, all my sites currently use the old php.ini that WHM56 had under PHP Configuration Editor, but now I am on 58 that page is not available and is now Multi PHP settings. So lets say I want to change the upload limit on all php7 sites, I simply cannot do that. I have to SSH and edit the OLD file, it seems all PHP versions are using the old ini file. This is for global setting, not per-account

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
So lets say I want to change the upload limit on all php7 sites, I simply cannot do that. I have to SSH and edit the OLD file, it seems all PHP versions are using the old ini file. This is for global setting, not per-account
Hello,

I browsed to "WHM Home » Software » MultiPHP INI Editor" and selected "ea-php70" under "Configure basic settings of a PHP version". I changed "upload_max_filesize" from "2M" to "10M" and clicked on the "Apply" button. Upon testing, the master value in an individual account's PHPINFO file correctly shows "10M". Also, I edited the PHP configuration via the command line to confirm it works outside of the WHM UI:

Code:
vi /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/local.ini
/scripts/restartsrv_httpd
Could you let us know if you notice a different behavior, and if so, let us know your PHP handler?

Thank you.

Mar 7, 2016
Bristol
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can change values in MultiPHP and it never updates.
In the advanced editor for php56 I have this line:

disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, popen, proc_open

Yet I cannot use phpinfo as it says it is disabled.

So I cannot show you the phpinfo result either.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I can change values in MultiPHP and it never updates.
In the advanced editor for php56 I have this line:

disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, popen, proc_open

Yet I cannot use phpinfo as it says it is disabled.

So I cannot show you the phpinfo result either.
Could you let us know which PHP handler is utilized on this system? Please also review the following document:

cPanel's PHPRC PHP Patch for EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.